Monday, March 30, 2009

All or Nothing!

OK, so I have always had an all of nothing mentality! That way of thinking has caused my failures a hundred and some times. I can not think of it in that way no more. I now know that it has been a huge factor whether I succeeded or not.

The goals I set for myself were always to high! 1) drink 8-8 ounce glasses of water. 2)exercise 6 days a week. 3)Keep calories below 1,800. 4)walk 10,000 steps a day. I could go on and on And all of these goals are attainable But I would want them from the moment I started and when it was not to my liking I would give up. I would always lose a certain amount of weight then once that 1st 20 pounds was lost I would think of how much more I would have to lose and just say I will never get there I have entirely too much to weight! That all or nothing mentality is a bust!

Baby steps and habits are what I am going for now and so far so good. I am truly working on that water it is so hard for me to get my water in. Tonight I started working out so I walked a 17 minute mile. I am going to continue to increase but for right now that kicked my tail! and I am going to aim for three times this week. If I get in more that's great but I will not beat myself up if I don't. I also had a hell of a time with dinner tonight! My kids wanted fried chicken wings! FRIED WINGS Oh how I wanted them ....drenched in ranch dressing and hot sauce! BUT I made myself some chicken and rice and some sweet potatoes instead of french fries! I was very proud of myself But it was so damn hard!!

1 comment:

  1. nice job colette way to stay OP in the face of fried wing goodness!

    ReplyDelete